What your dentist in Frederick wants you to know
Have you noticed your denture doesn’t fit as well as it did before? The truth is if you’ve worn dentures for a long time, it’s common for you to begin to lose the supporting bone. That’s because the denture presses against the bone, causing it to disappear over time. Fortunately, there is an answer that can provide bone retention, and keep your denture fitting snugly from day one. The answer is All-on-4!
Dr. Frederick Asuncion at Asuncion Dental Group in Frederick, MD, wants to share the facts about All-on-4 implant-supported dentures, the way to keep you and your smile looking your best.
So, why have an implant-supported denture? Dental implants help to conserve the bone in your jaws. That’s because your body creates more bone to fuse with the dental implants and lock them in place. More bone means more youthful facial contours and a firm jawline, all the hallmarks of a younger-looking face!
An implant-supported denture also is much more stable, because the denture (called an overdenture) is simply snapped in place over the implants. Your denture will stay in place so you can eat the foods you love without worrying about your denture slipping around.
So, what’s so special about All-on-4 implant-supported dentures? Most overdentures require 6 to 8 dental implants, but All-on-4 only requires 4 dental implants to get the same stability in your denture. When you choose All-on-4 implant-supported dentures, you will:
- Save money, because 4 implants are less expensive than 6 to 8 implants
- Have comfortable treatment, because you will be relaxed and sedated during the procedure
- Save time, because the precise 3-D computer imaging and drilling templates allow for denture placement almost immediately
- Have greater stability, because All-on-4 implants are placed at an angle, which provides greater bone contact
- Experience success, because All-on-4 has a success rate of over 98%
If you are tired of your worn-out, poorly-fitting denture, it’s time for you to invest in yourself and check out All-on-4 implant-supported dentures. For more information about this amazing process and what it can do for you, call Dr. Asuncion at Asuncion Dental Group in Frederick, MD, today!