We hope you and your family are in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. We would like to inform you that we will be opening our practice once again on Wednesday, May 27.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Dental practices have always followed the strictest guidelines on infection control and have the highest levels of safety of any health care provider.
In light of the present COVID-19 virus we want to assure that every precaution has been taken to ensure that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
I also wanted to inform you we have implemented some further procedures to protect our patients and staff in light of COVID-19.
1. Our office will communicate with you a day or two before your appointment to ask some screening questions which will help us determine if you have been potentially exposed to the COVID-19 virus.
2. When you arrive for your appointment, we ask that you stay in your car in the parking lot and call the office at (301) 620-8882. At that point you will be asked once again the same screening questions and told when to come up to the office. This will help remove any time you have to spend in our waiting room. We ask that you also wear a mask when coming to the office.
3. When you enter the office you will be asked to use hand sanitizer to clean your hands.. At this time your temperature and an oxygenation screening will also be taken.
4. While we pride ourselves on the friendly and conversational approach of our team. In light of the COVID-19 virus we will be keeping our communication to what is essential for your appointment.
5. Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This will mean that some upcoming appointments you presently hold may have to be moved as we will have fewer options for scheduling. Jamilyn will reach out to all patients to confirm their appointments. In the first few weeks back, we will also be giving priority to patients with dental emergencies who have not had the chance to visit a dentist. We greatly appreciate your patience as we attempt to accommodate everyone.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (301) 620-8882.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.